Lakes Edge Cottage
Nords Wharf, Central Coast, NSW
- Guests: 6
- Bedrooms: 2
Bedroom 1 - 1x Queen
Bedroom 2 - 2x Single, 1x Double Bunk
- Bathrooms: 2
- Air conditioning
- Car space
- See all features »
Main image carousel
Image thumbnail carousel (controls above carousel)
This absolute waterfront retreat is the perfect place to unwind and enjoy the serene views of Lake Macquarie from your own balcony. The perfect getaway for either a family, with it's proximity to the lake, beaches & large yard or a romantic getaway for two.
Lakes Edge Cottage is a 2 Bedroom double storey absolute waterfront property which is newly renovated and furnished. Drive through the garage for access to the water's edge.
A fully self-contained cottage with BBQ & outdoor setting on large balcony and master bedroom overlooking lake. Additional downstairs bathroom with washing machine & dryer.
The Cottage sleeps up to 6 people and is ideal for either 2 couples or a family:
Bedroom 1: 1 Queen size bed
Bedroom 2: Double bed bunk (sleeps 3) + 1 single bed + pull-out single trundle bed.…
For a larger group such as 2 families (or sleeping quarters for the kids), there is also a secluded self-contained boathouse available for rental which is located only 1 metre from the lake's edge & about 70 metres in front of the cottage. The Boathouse is also available to rent individually and suits either a couple or small family. Note that the Boathouse is required to be rented in conjunction with the Cottage during the High Season. Please enquire as to the availability + pricing, as discounts will be offered for combined booking of the Cottage and Boathouse.
Located on the eastern side of Lake Macquarie & only 1 hour drive north from the start of the F3 at Wahroonga, you will be able to enjoy all these activities:
- Beaches: 3 minutes drive to Catherine Hill Bay
- Fishing: cast a line from the backyard!
- Table tennis (located downstairs)
- Visit the Hunter for some wine tasting
- Kids swing & climbing outdoor play equipment
- Dining: go for a casual lunch at Catho Pub, new Caves Hotel or neighbouring restaurants at Rafferty's Resort (2 minute drive) or....just kick back & relax with a BBQ on the balcony as you watch the sunset over the lake.
- Boating (tie up at the water's edge in the back yard)
...& for those necessities, there is a local corner shop within walking distance (along the lake's edge), or take a 7 minute drive to Swansea to a supermarket & more restaurants.
The location is beautiful - just perfect. We tied our boat up in the back yard and enjoyed coming and going at our leisure. The home is beautifully decorated, well appointed and a pleasure to stay in. Watch out for the kookaburras when you're eating breakfast! Rebecca. Rating: 55
Suits families with it's play equipment, table tennis table & shallow banks of the lakes edge. Also suits those couples wishing to escape the hectic pace of city life.
The fine print
- DirectPay - Rent-A-Home takes reservations on this property but the property manager processes payments directly with you.
- Minimum Stay 2 Nights
Guest reviews & questions
Questions & Answers
No questions asked by other visitors.
- Beach Getaway
- Canoeing & kayaking
- Fishing Nearby
- Food / Restaurants
- Swimming Activities
- Walking or Hiking
- Water Sports
- Children's Cot
- Children's High Chair
- Clothes Dryer
- Cooking Facilities
- Electric Stove
- Fans (Ceiling / Standing)
- Hair Dryer
- Heaters provided
- Iron & Ironing board
- Laundry facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Vacuum System
- Washing Machine
- BBQ - Gas
- Boat ramp nearby
- Books/magazines supplied
- CD Player
- Children's playground
- DVD Player
- Lake nearby
- Stereo/Music system
- Videos/DVDs Supplied
- Child friendly
- Off Street Parking
- Outdoor Pets permitted
- Walk to the shops
- Bedroom 1 – 1x Queen
- Bedroom 2 – 2x Single, 1x Double Bunk
- Linen Hire - $15 inc. GST Per Person
RatesRates are not available online for this property, please request a quote using the form below.
Property managers will respond with pricing and availability, usually within 24 hours.
Availability & Price
from $174 to $294 per night*
Min 2 nights stay
How do I make a booking?
From a Quote
- Step 1) Search the website and Add properties to MyList. Submit your preferred properties by using Request a Quote. Property Managers will send you confirmed price and availability.
- Step 2) Then you can Make a Booking or reservation form by clicking 'Make Reservation' from your Quote. Alternatively a Reservation form (PDF or Word Doc) can be downloaded from our Visitor Terms & Conditions page or your Quote.
- Step 3) Once we receive your "RZ" reservation request, a consultant will process all details and send a "BK" Booking Confirmation, payment receipt with arrival and key collection information.
From a Tariff or Hot Deal
- Step 1) Search using your desired location and dates. The Tariff Price will be shown in the results.
- Step 2) Then you can Make a Booking or reservation form by clicking 'Make Reservation' from the search results or property page. Alternatively a Reservation form (PDF or Word Doc) can be downloaded from our Visitor Terms & Conditions page or your Quote.
- Step 3) Once we receive your "RZ" reservation request, a consultant will process all details and send a "BK" Booking Confirmation, payment receipt with arrival and key collection information. Payment can be made with credit card or by direct deposit.
Are pets permitted?
Some properties allow Pets and will display Pets Permitted. Visitors will need to advise the type and size of pet and whether the pet is indoor or an outdoor pet.
Properties that do not show Pets Permitted will not accept pets.
A Pet Bond might be required to clean. deodourise and disinfect the property prior to the next visitor arrival to ensure the property is allergy free.
Availability calendar not up to date?
rentahome does encourage our property managers to update their availability calendars as often as possible.
Unfortunately it isn't always as frequent as we'd like, each calendar has a date of which the calendar was last updated so you who how up to date the listing is.
This is why rentahome has the quote process, it confirms the current availability of your selected property/s and the best rate available for your stay.
Are visitors able to inspect properties?
rentahome welcomes inspections however they may not be always feasible and are generally only available for longer stays of three months or longer.
The property must first be quoted as available with a price for your requested dates.
To request an inspection simply login to your Quote at the below link using your quote number and surname: http://www.rent-a-home.com.au/home/my/quotedetails.aspx
Scroll down to your preferred property and under the photo there will be a button 'Request Inspection', click on 'Request Inspection' and fill in your details. Your details will be sent to the property manager who will make contact within 48hours to arrange an appointment.
If there is no 'Request Inspection' button, this means the property manager does not provide inspections.
Please note that properties are not held and may be booked by other visitors.
Will I have to pay a security deposit?
A Bond/Security Deposit may be required by the Property Manager the amount will vary depending on the property manager. If so, this payment will take place outside of the Rentahome EasyPay System and you may be asked to direct transfer funds into the Property Manager's bank account or a credit card imprint may be requested. Rentahome does not become involved in the payment or return of bonds or security deposits. Return of these amounts is based on the Property Manager's terms and conditions and their inspection of the property after your stay.
The Security Deposit (Bond) is required to cover any damage or incidential costs incurred during your stay at the property. If there is no Damage or Additional Costs then the Security Deposit will be refunded. If the amount of the Damage or Additional Costs are greater than the Security Deposit, then the Guest will be required to pay the difference.
On Arrival, please report any damage or requirement maintenance immediately to the property manager, as you will be liable for any Damage on your departure.
A Bond applies for properties under a Lease agreement. The Bond is typically lodged with a government Bond Authority and returned at the the end of the stay following an Exit Inspection and review of the Condition Report.
Rent-A-Home processes rental payment with guests directly. We accept: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Bank Transfer.
Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards accepted.
The Property Manager will process payment with guests directly.