The Mouses House
Springbrook, Gold Coast, QLD
- Guests: 22
- Bedrooms: 12
- Bathrooms: 12
- Wireless Internet
- Air conditioning
- See all features »
Main image carousel
Image thumbnail carousel (controls above carousel)
The Mouses House is arguably the most unique rainforest resort of its type in Australia.
Located in the World Heritage listed Springbrook National Park in the Gold Coast Hinterland with a dual AAA 4 & 4.5 star rating. Winner of ABIA's 2003/04, 2005, 2007, 2009 & 2010 "Best Honeymoon Location". Finalist QLD Tourism Awards - Hosted Accommodation, Winner Best Hosted Accommodation Aust. 2010 from HMAA and voted by Holidays for Couples for most popular romantic weekend retreat. The Mouses House is a EcoTourism qualified resort.
The Mouses House consists of 12 delightful Rainforest Chalets most with a loft and picturesque views and sounds of cascading mountain streams.
Each individual chalet has a fully equipped marble top modern kitchen with dishwasher, wood fireplace, separate bedroom, HD Plasma TVs, DVD player, rev. cycle air-con, stereo, combined lounge and dining room, queen bedrooms with fluffy bathrobes, private balcony with BBQ. All chalets have a double person spa bath with views into the rainforest. Access to our rainforest chalets is via a raised broad walk system. 8 of our 11 chalets are built next to a cascading mountain stream.…
The Mouses House offers guests free use of our sauna, oak hot tub, mountain bikes, DVD's & CD's library and 1/2 size tennis court. At night, possums and sugar gliders will visit each chalet. Why not spoil yourself with a Swedish, Bowen, Oriental or Aromatherapy massage in the privacy of your chalet.
Doc chalet is completely wheelchair accessible with shower chair, bed and spa bath specialised items available free of charge.
The fine print
- DirectPay - Rent-A-Home takes reservations on this property but the property manager processes payments directly with you.
- Minimum Stay 1 Nights
Guest reviews & questions
- Bath Towels provided
- Bedding & Sheets provided
- Breakfast provisions available for self-cooking
- Camp kitchen
- Children's Cot
- Children's High Chair
- Continental Breakfast Available
- Continental breakfast provisions available
- Continental breakfast provisions supplied
- Cooked Breakfast Available
- Cooked Breakfast Provided
- Fans (Ceiling / Standing)
- Hair Dryer
- Heaters provided
- Laundry facilities
- Reverse Cycle Heating
- Room service
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Washing Machine
- BBQ - Gas
- CD Player
- Day Spa
- DVD Player
- Heated spa (not spa bath)
- Internet Connection
- Local telephone calls included
- Stereo/Music system
- Tennis courts
- TV with teletext/caption functions
- Wading pool
- Accept MasterCard
- Accept VISA
- No smoking
- Pets not allowed
- Safety deposit box
- Wheel Chair
- Wheelchair accessible facilities
- Log fires
- Tennis Court
- Off Street Parking
- Tour desk
Fully wheelchair accessible to Australian standard AS 1428, Shower has shower bars and a moveable shower head, Chairs are permitted in the shower, Door frames are wider to suit wheelchairs, Unimpeded wheelchair access from car parking to the property, The toilet is fitted with railings/grip bars, Toilet is big enough to fit a wheelchair
Accessible by Wheelchair AS1428
Fully wheelchair accessible to Australian standard AS 1428, Shower has shower bars, chair, moveable shower head, Door frames are wider to suit wheelchairs, Unimpeded wheelchair access from car parking to the property, The toilet is fitted with railings/grip bars and large enough to fit full size wheelchair.
AAA Tourism 4.5 star, Luxury ensuite bathrooms
RatesRates are not available online for this property, please request a quote using the form below.
Property managers will respond with pricing and availability, usually within 24 hours.
All fields required unless marked optional
Availability & Price
from $190 to $320 per night*
Min 1 nights stay
How do I make a booking?
From a Quote
- Step 1) Search the website and Add properties to MyList. Submit your preferred properties by using Request a Quote. Property Managers will send you confirmed price and availability.
- Step 2) Then you can Make a Booking or reservation form by clicking 'Make Reservation' from your Quote. Alternatively a Reservation form (PDF or Word Doc) can be downloaded from our Visitor Terms & Conditions page or your Quote.
- Step 3) Once we receive your "RZ" reservation request, a consultant will process all details and send a "BK" Booking Confirmation, payment receipt with arrival and key collection information.
From a Tariff or Hot Deal
- Step 1) Search using your desired location and dates. The Tariff Price will be shown in the results.
- Step 2) Then you can Make a Booking or reservation form by clicking 'Make Reservation' from the search results or property page. Alternatively a Reservation form (PDF or Word Doc) can be downloaded from our Visitor Terms & Conditions page or your Quote.
- Step 3) Once we receive your "RZ" reservation request, a consultant will process all details and send a "BK" Booking Confirmation, payment receipt with arrival and key collection information. Payment can be made with credit card or by direct deposit.
Are pets permitted?
Some properties allow Pets and will display Pets Permitted. Visitors will need to advise the type and size of pet and whether the pet is indoor or an outdoor pet.
Properties that do not show Pets Permitted will not accept pets.
A Pet Bond might be required to clean. deodourise and disinfect the property prior to the next visitor arrival to ensure the property is allergy free.
Availability calendar not up to date?
rentahome does encourage our property managers to update their availability calendars as often as possible.
Unfortunately it isn't always as frequent as we'd like, each calendar has a date of which the calendar was last updated so you who how up to date the listing is.
This is why rentahome has the quote process, it confirms the current availability of your selected property/s and the best rate available for your stay.
Are visitors able to inspect properties?
rentahome welcomes inspections however they may not be always feasible and are generally only available for longer stays of three months or longer.
The property must first be quoted as available with a price for your requested dates.
To request an inspection simply login to your Quote at the below link using your quote number and surname: http://www.rent-a-home.com.au/home/my/quotedetails.aspx
Scroll down to your preferred property and under the photo there will be a button 'Request Inspection', click on 'Request Inspection' and fill in your details. Your details will be sent to the property manager who will make contact within 48hours to arrange an appointment.
If there is no 'Request Inspection' button, this means the property manager does not provide inspections.
Please note that properties are not held and may be booked by other visitors.
Will I have to pay a security deposit?
A Bond/Security Deposit may be required by the Property Manager the amount will vary depending on the property manager. If so, this payment will take place outside of the Rentahome EasyPay System and you may be asked to direct transfer funds into the Property Manager's bank account or a credit card imprint may be requested. Rentahome does not become involved in the payment or return of bonds or security deposits. Return of these amounts is based on the Property Manager's terms and conditions and their inspection of the property after your stay.
The Security Deposit (Bond) is required to cover any damage or incidential costs incurred during your stay at the property. If there is no Damage or Additional Costs then the Security Deposit will be refunded. If the amount of the Damage or Additional Costs are greater than the Security Deposit, then the Guest will be required to pay the difference.
On Arrival, please report any damage or requirement maintenance immediately to the property manager, as you will be liable for any Damage on your departure.
A Bond applies for properties under a Lease agreement. The Bond is typically lodged with a government Bond Authority and returned at the the end of the stay following an Exit Inspection and review of the Condition Report.
Rent-A-Home processes rental payment with guests directly. We accept: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Bank Transfer.
Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards accepted.
The Property Manager will process payment with guests directly.