Sandpiper Ocean Cottages
Bicheno, East Coast, TAS
- Guests: 5
- Bedrooms: 2
Bedroom 1 - 1x King
Bedroom 2 - 1x Queen, 1x Single
- Bathrooms: 1
- Wireless Internet
- Pets allowed
- Car space
- See all features »
Main image carousel
Image thumbnail carousel (controls above carousel)
Sandpiper Ocean Cottages are perfectly located just north of Bicheno on the East Coast of Tasmania. We are right in between the Bay of Fires and Wineglass Bay. Set on 4 acres of natural coastal gardens, each cottage is private and spacious.
Winner at the 2012 Tasmanian Tourism Awards in the following categories: Standard Accommodation & People's Choice. Silver Medallist at the 2013 Tasmanian Tourism Awards in our accommodation category.
A short stroll through the dunes and you can walk barefoot for miles on pristine white sand, fish from the beach or swim safely. The only sounds you'll hear are the waves, the birds and the squeak of the sand as you walk.
The three 2 bedroom cottages sleep 5 people comfortably and have full laundry and kitchen facilities. Spacious and modern inside, with large sunny verandas. A cosy log fire and the sounds of the sea make for restful nights. …
We have just finished building our 4th Cottage, Ocean View. This one's 1 bedroom, with a king bed, all the mod cons and loads of space. Couples only.
Close to the Bicheno Golf Club and Douglas Apsley National Park and half an hour away from Freycinet National Park and the beautiful Wineglass Bay.
Sandpiper Ocean Cottages is the perfect place to relax, unwind and be inspired.
And in the summer months, when the weather is good, we show movies in the gardens at night.
Please note we have a 2 night minimum stay throughout the year, and 4 nights over the summer holidays (mid Dec-end Jan) and Easter.
The fine print
- DirectPay - Rent-A-Home takes reservations on this property but the property manager processes payments directly with you.
- up to 366 Days before Arrival
- Minimum Stay 2 Nights
Guest reviews & questions
Environment Relaxing Peaceful Easy
Lovely accommodation, very comfy beds! Great breakfast provisions. Lovely gardens, nice for a stroll or a sit. So close to the beach!! Really great to have beach chairs/umbrellas/boogie boards provi…
Very friendly and welcoming. Nice to feel that our dog and child were also very welcome. Lovely and warm and private. Gorgeous beach. It was so enjoyable to be able to have a little holiday that incl…
Questions & Answers
Can we stay in the new 1 bed cottage Ocean Lodge please. Ok if this costs a little more.
Unfortunately, we keep Ocean View pet free.
Does your property allow pets?
Yes the property does.
Need more information on property features? You need to first request a quote and then ask a question.
- Adult retreat
- Beach Getaway
- Executive rental
- Fishing Nearby
- Food / Restaurants
- Gay / Lesbian
- Swimming Activities
- Theme Park Nearby
- Tidy Town Winner
- Walking or Hiking
- Water Sports
- Wedding venue
- Whale watching
- Wine tasting/tours
- Winter holiday
- Bath Towels provided
- Bedding & Sheets provided
- Breakfast provisions available for self-cooking
- Children's Cot
- Children's High Chair
- Clothes Dryer
- Continental breakfast provisions supplied
- Cooking Facilities
- Electric Stove
- Fans (Ceiling / Standing)
- Gas Stove
- Hair Dryer
- Heaters provided
- Iron & Ironing board
- Laundry facilities
- Level access
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Washing Machine
- BBQ - Gas
- Broadband Internet available
- Cable TV/Satellite TV
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Games room
- Internet Connection
- Lake nearby
- Stereo/Music system
- Child friendly
- Pets permitted
- Log fires
- Conference facilities
- Indoor Pets Permitted
- Lock Up Garage Parking
- Off Street Parking
- Outdoor Pets permitted
- Secure Parking Onsite
- Bedroom 1 – 1x King
- Bedroom 2 – 1x Queen, 1x Single
- Extra Adults Charge - $30 inc. GST Per Person/Night (applies when more than 2 Adults)
- Extra Children Charge - $20 inc. GST Per Person/Night
- Baby Cot Hire - $10 inc. GST Per Booking
- High Chair Hire - $10 inc. GST Per Booking
- Pet Cleaning Charge - $10 inc. GST Per Booking
RatesRates are not available online for this property, please request a quote using the form below.
Property managers will respond with pricing and availability, usually within 24 hours.
All fields required unless marked optional
Availability & Price
from $158 to $272 per night*
Min 2 nights stay
How do I make a booking?
From a Quote
- Step 1) Search the website and Add properties to MyList. Submit your preferred properties by using Request a Quote. Property Managers will send you confirmed price and availability.
- Step 2) Then you can Make a Booking or reservation form by clicking 'Make Reservation' from your Quote. Alternatively a Reservation form (PDF or Word Doc) can be downloaded from our Visitor Terms & Conditions page or your Quote.
- Step 3) Once we receive your "RZ" reservation request, a consultant will process all details and send a "BK" Booking Confirmation, payment receipt with arrival and key collection information.
From a Tariff or Hot Deal
- Step 1) Search using your desired location and dates. The Tariff Price will be shown in the results.
- Step 2) Then you can Make a Booking or reservation form by clicking 'Make Reservation' from the search results or property page. Alternatively a Reservation form (PDF or Word Doc) can be downloaded from our Visitor Terms & Conditions page or your Quote.
- Step 3) Once we receive your "RZ" reservation request, a consultant will process all details and send a "BK" Booking Confirmation, payment receipt with arrival and key collection information. Payment can be made with credit card or by direct deposit.
Are pets permitted?
Some properties allow Pets and will display Pets Permitted. Visitors will need to advise the type and size of pet and whether the pet is indoor or an outdoor pet.
Properties that do not show Pets Permitted will not accept pets.
A Pet Bond might be required to clean. deodourise and disinfect the property prior to the next visitor arrival to ensure the property is allergy free.
Availability calendar not up to date?
rentahome does encourage our property managers to update their availability calendars as often as possible.
Unfortunately it isn't always as frequent as we'd like, each calendar has a date of which the calendar was last updated so you who how up to date the listing is.
This is why rentahome has the quote process, it confirms the current availability of your selected property/s and the best rate available for your stay.
Are visitors able to inspect properties?
rentahome welcomes inspections however they may not be always feasible and are generally only available for longer stays of three months or longer.
The property must first be quoted as available with a price for your requested dates.
To request an inspection simply login to your Quote at the below link using your quote number and surname: http://www.rent-a-home.com.au/home/my/quotedetails.aspx
Scroll down to your preferred property and under the photo there will be a button 'Request Inspection', click on 'Request Inspection' and fill in your details. Your details will be sent to the property manager who will make contact within 48hours to arrange an appointment.
If there is no 'Request Inspection' button, this means the property manager does not provide inspections.
Please note that properties are not held and may be booked by other visitors.
Will I have to pay a security deposit?
A Bond/Security Deposit may be required by the Property Manager the amount will vary depending on the property manager. If so, this payment will take place outside of the Rentahome EasyPay System and you may be asked to direct transfer funds into the Property Manager's bank account or a credit card imprint may be requested. Rentahome does not become involved in the payment or return of bonds or security deposits. Return of these amounts is based on the Property Manager's terms and conditions and their inspection of the property after your stay.
The Security Deposit (Bond) is required to cover any damage or incidential costs incurred during your stay at the property. If there is no Damage or Additional Costs then the Security Deposit will be refunded. If the amount of the Damage or Additional Costs are greater than the Security Deposit, then the Guest will be required to pay the difference.
On Arrival, please report any damage or requirement maintenance immediately to the property manager, as you will be liable for any Damage on your departure.
A Bond applies for properties under a Lease agreement. The Bond is typically lodged with a government Bond Authority and returned at the the end of the stay following an Exit Inspection and review of the Condition Report.
Rent-A-Home processes rental payment with guests directly. We accept: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Bank Transfer.
Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards accepted.
The Property Manager will process payment with guests directly.