Bay Retreat Port Arthur
Port Arthur, South East Tas, TAS
- Guests: 8
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Air conditioning
- Car space
- See all features »
Main image carousel
Image thumbnail carousel (controls above carousel)
There are 3 bedrooms, one queen, a second queen (with optional single) and twin singles (with optional single trundle)
Rates start from $169 per night for up to 4 people
Each additional person will incur a $30 per head charge per night.
PLEASE READ BEDDING OPTIONS AND CHARGES CAREFULLY
Each bedroom will be deemed to be occupied by 2 persons and be charged accordingly.
The twin bedroom will always be deemed to be occupied by 2 persons at least and charged accordingly.
Each extra bed used etc. single in the queen bedroom, or trundle in the twin single bedroom will be charged at $30.00 extra per bed per night.
* A booking for 4 people provides access to 2 bedrooms only per night.
* Requiring access to a 3rd bedroom will be charged at $60.00 (2 persons) per night.…
* Access to the trundle bed (in the twin single room) and the single (in queen room) will be charged at $30.00 per bed per night.
NOTE Bedding will only be provided for nominated bedding options.
You will be allocated your own personal 5 number access code for the period of the booking. This will be emailed to your address with details and confirmation of your booking.
You will only be able to access the property from 2 pm on checking in on your day of arrival and check out is 10 am on the day of departure.
BAY RETREAT is NON SMOKING and NO pets are allowed, except for Guide Dogs.
It is a fully self contained retreat catering for couples and families. You only need to pack your clothes and food, everything else is provided SUPPLIED
* Full cooking facilities
* Crockery, cutlery and glassware
* Stove, refrigerator and microwave
* toaster,kettle and sandwich toaster
* Linen, towels,pillows and doonas
* Electric blankets (in winter)
* LCD television
* DVD player and CD sound system
* Air conditioner reverse cycle
* Clock radios and bedside lights in all bedrooms
* 2 Bathrooms, upstairs and down (one with bath)
* Washing machine and dryer
* Iron and ironing board
* Floor standard reading light
* Picnic basket
* Outdoor setting paved seating area
* Barbecue in the courtyard area
* Phone (local calls only)
* All tank water is filtered and suitable to drink
The toilets are on a Septic system and no SANITARY products or OTHER FOREIGN MATERIAL are to be flushed down the toilets. Only minutes from the Port Arthur Historic Site.
GUEST COMMENTS IN LAST
March 05, 2013 Joyce Pun said: We stayed at this property for 2 nights during our 7 day trip with my family visiting from Hong Kong in November 2012 and it was the best! The price is the cheapest for 6 of us but the quality of the property is the nicest out of all the ones we have stayed in. It was located close to the beach which is perfect for a stroll after using the very well appointed kitchen. Hopefully the recent bush fire doesn't affect the beautiful environment. We will love to be back next time~
March 03, 2013 Jan Capel said: We visited Bay Retreat just before the fires in December 2012. It is a quiet situated house just a few kilometers from the historic town of Port Arthur. The house is a few hundred meters from the road in the bush with a beautiful view of the bay. It is modern and fully equipped with a large garden to sit outside. For everybody who likes nature and rest I can recommend this house.
June 17 Annie, Andi, John, Lorna, Steve and Jane said: Bay Retreat is in a lovely location, just 5 mins drive from Port Arthur. It is quiet and private and very close to the bay. There was plenty of room for 6 adults and the kitchen was very well equipped. I would recommend a stay at Bay Retreat. It is a great base to explore the Tasman Peninsula and Port Arthur.
June 04, 2012 Terry Bonnie said: Thoroughly enjoyed our two nights at bay retreat. Very private and greatly appointed making it feel like our home away from home. Have recommended it to our family and friends and we will definitely stay again.
June 04, 2012 Kates & Pearson Family said: We stayed at the retreat for a two nights in March. Configuration of the bedrooms meant two couples had privacy and there was another room for children. Very clean and very well located. It made our trip to Port Arthur very special and the Princess Cruise Line pulling up outside in the bay was fantastic. Excellent facilities - will stay again if we are ever in Tasmania again.
The fine print
- DirectPay - Rent-A-Home takes reservations on this property but the property manager processes payments directly with you.
- Minimum Stay 1 Nights
Guest reviews & questions
- Adult retreat
- Beach Getaway
- Canoeing & kayaking
- Fishing Nearby
- Heritage trail
- Historical / Museums
- Horse Riding
- One night bookings welcome
- Bath Towels provided
- Bedding & Sheets provided
- Children's High Chair
- Clothes Dryer
- Electric Stove
- Hair Dryer
- Heaters provided
- Iron & Ironing board
- Laundry facilities
- Level access
- Reverse Cycle Heating
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Washing Machine
- BBQ - Gas
- Boat ramp nearby
- CD Player
- Local telephone calls included
- Stereo/Music system
- Accept MasterCard
- Accept VISA
- Child friendly
- No smoking
- Pets not allowed
- Alarm System
RatesRates are not available online for this property, please request a quote using the form below.
Property managers will respond with pricing and availability, usually within 24 hours.
All fields required unless marked optional
Availability & Price
from $169 to $189 per night*
Min 1 nights stay
How do I make a booking?
From a Quote
- Step 1) Search the website and Add properties to MyList. Submit your preferred properties by using Request a Quote. Property Managers will send you confirmed price and availability.
- Step 2) Then you can Make a Booking or reservation form by clicking 'Make Reservation' from your Quote. Alternatively a Reservation form (PDF or Word Doc) can be downloaded from our Visitor Terms & Conditions page or your Quote.
- Step 3) Once we receive your "RZ" reservation request, a consultant will process all details and send a "BK" Booking Confirmation, payment receipt with arrival and key collection information.
From a Tariff or Hot Deal
- Step 1) Search using your desired location and dates. The Tariff Price will be shown in the results.
- Step 2) Then you can Make a Booking or reservation form by clicking 'Make Reservation' from the search results or property page. Alternatively a Reservation form (PDF or Word Doc) can be downloaded from our Visitor Terms & Conditions page or your Quote.
- Step 3) Once we receive your "RZ" reservation request, a consultant will process all details and send a "BK" Booking Confirmation, payment receipt with arrival and key collection information. Payment can be made with credit card or by direct deposit.
Are pets permitted?
Some properties allow Pets and will display Pets Permitted. Visitors will need to advise the type and size of pet and whether the pet is indoor or an outdoor pet.
Properties that do not show Pets Permitted will not accept pets.
A Pet Bond might be required to clean. deodourise and disinfect the property prior to the next visitor arrival to ensure the property is allergy free.
Availability calendar not up to date?
rentahome does encourage our property managers to update their availability calendars as often as possible.
Unfortunately it isn't always as frequent as we'd like, each calendar has a date of which the calendar was last updated so you who how up to date the listing is.
This is why rentahome has the quote process, it confirms the current availability of your selected property/s and the best rate available for your stay.
Are visitors able to inspect properties?
rentahome welcomes inspections however they may not be always feasible and are generally only available for longer stays of three months or longer.
The property must first be quoted as available with a price for your requested dates.
To request an inspection simply login to your Quote at the below link using your quote number and surname: http://www.rent-a-home.com.au/home/my/quotedetails.aspx
Scroll down to your preferred property and under the photo there will be a button 'Request Inspection', click on 'Request Inspection' and fill in your details. Your details will be sent to the property manager who will make contact within 48hours to arrange an appointment.
If there is no 'Request Inspection' button, this means the property manager does not provide inspections.
Please note that properties are not held and may be booked by other visitors.
Will I have to pay a security deposit?
A Bond/Security Deposit may be required by the Property Manager the amount will vary depending on the property manager. If so, this payment will take place outside of the Rentahome EasyPay System and you may be asked to direct transfer funds into the Property Manager's bank account or a credit card imprint may be requested. Rentahome does not become involved in the payment or return of bonds or security deposits. Return of these amounts is based on the Property Manager's terms and conditions and their inspection of the property after your stay.
The Security Deposit (Bond) is required to cover any damage or incidential costs incurred during your stay at the property. If there is no Damage or Additional Costs then the Security Deposit will be refunded. If the amount of the Damage or Additional Costs are greater than the Security Deposit, then the Guest will be required to pay the difference.
On Arrival, please report any damage or requirement maintenance immediately to the property manager, as you will be liable for any Damage on your departure.
A Bond applies for properties under a Lease agreement. The Bond is typically lodged with a government Bond Authority and returned at the the end of the stay following an Exit Inspection and review of the Condition Report.
Rent-A-Home processes rental payment with guests directly. We accept: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Bank Transfer.
Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards accepted.
The Property Manager will process payment with guests directly.