Bay Retreat Port Arthur
Port Arthur, South East Tas, TAS
- Guests: 8
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Air conditioning
- Car space
- See all features »
Main image carousel
Image thumbnail carousel (controls above carousel)
There are 3 bedrooms, one queen, a second queen (with optional single) and twin singles (with optional single trundle)
Rates start from $174 per night for up to 4 people
Each additional person will incur a $30 per head charge per night.
PLEASE READ BEDDING OPTIONS AND CHARGES CAREFULLY
Each bedroom will be deemed to be occupied by 2 persons and be charged accordingly.
The twin bedroom will always be deemed to be occupied by 2 persons at least and charged accordingly.
Each extra bed used etc. single in the queen bedroom, or trundle in the twin single bedroom will be charged at $30.00 extra per bed per night.
* A booking for 4 people provides access to 2 bedrooms only per night.
* Requiring access to a 3rd bedroom will be charged at $60.00 (2 persons) per night.…
* Access to the trundle bed (in the twin single room) and the single (in queen room) will be charged at $30.00 per bed per night.
NOTE Bedding will only be provided for nominated bedding options.
You will be allocated your own personal 5 number access code for the period of the booking. This will be emailed to your address with details and confirmation of your booking.
You will only be able to access the property from 2 pm on checking in on your day of arrival and check out is 10 am on the day of departure.
BAY RETREAT is NON SMOKING and NO pets are allowed, except for Guide Dogs.
It is a fully self contained retreat catering for couples and families. You only need to pack your clothes and food, everything else is provided SUPPLIED
* Full cooking facilities
* Crockery, cutlery and glassware
* Stove, refrigerator and microwave
* toaster,kettle and sandwich toaster
* Linen, towels,pillows and doonas
* Electric blankets (in winter)
* LCD television
* DVD player and CD sound system
* Air conditioner reverse cycle
* Clock radios and bedside lights in all bedrooms
* 2 Bathrooms, upstairs and down (one with bath)
* Washing machine and dryer
* Iron and ironing board
* Floor standard reading light
* Picnic basket
* Outdoor setting paved seating area
* Barbecue in the courtyard area
* Phone (local calls only)
* All tank water is filtered and suitable to drink
The toilets are on a Septic system and no SANITARY products or OTHER FOREIGN MATERIAL are to be flushed down the toilets. Only minutes from the Port Arthur Historic Site.
GUEST COMMENTS IN LAST
April 11, 2014 at 6:12 pm, Maree said:
We had a very relaxing 3 night stay in January 2014. It was so private and peaceful staying in such a lovely bush setting, yet so close to the water. It was great being able to see across the bay to the Dockyards at the Port Arthur Historic Site and the Isle of the Dead. The facilities were excellent and we especially appreciated the spacious layout and having a second bathroom/toilet. We have no hesitation in highly recommending the Bay Retreat as a well-located and comfortable accommodation facility on the Tasman Peninsula.
April 03, 2014 at 6:25 pm, Lindy said:
Our extended family stayed, unfortunately, for only 1 night at this sparkling clean and impressively well-appointed property. Very private but in a great position to access all the tourist spots on the Tasman Peninsula. Would definitely recommend!
April 03, 2014 at 5:05 pm, Bob & Joy said:
Comfortable and clean and tidy. Ideal home stay for a day or more and close to Port Arthur. Our two teenaged grandchildren from Queensland thought the accommodation was "wicked".
January 06, 2014 at 9:53 am, Peter said:
Our family of 4 stayed overnight in September and loved the house, and the close proximity to Port Arthur and surrounds. Found it good value and could have stayed longer.
January 05, 2014 at 11:30 am, Jackie and Roger said:
We stayed here in November with some Aussie friends. Great place, very comfortable and ideal location for Port Arthur historic site. We enjoyed strolling along the beach and chilling out in the area.
Very comfy beds and all the facilities you could want.
Enjoyed watching the bunnies on the lawn in the early evening.
January 05, 2014 at 11:09 am, Carole said:
Had a great 2 night stay with our friends from UK, house had everything we needed. Great location. Will stay again if in that part of Tasmania.
The fine print
- DirectPay - Rent-A-Home takes reservations on this property but the property manager processes payments directly with you.
- Minimum Stay 1 Nights
Guest reviews & questions
- Adult retreat
- Beach Getaway
- Canoeing & kayaking
- Fishing Nearby
- Heritage trail
- Historical / Museums
- Horse Riding
- One night bookings welcome
- Bath Towels provided
- Bedding & Sheets provided
- Children's High Chair
- Clothes Dryer
- Electric Stove
- Hair Dryer
- Heaters provided
- Iron & Ironing board
- Laundry facilities
- Level access
- Reverse Cycle Heating
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Washing Machine
- BBQ - Gas
- Boat ramp nearby
- CD Player
- Local telephone calls included
- Stereo/Music system
- Accept MasterCard
- Accept VISA
- Child friendly
- No smoking
- Pets not allowed
- Alarm System
RatesRates are not available online for this property, please request a quote using the form below.
Property managers will respond with pricing and availability, usually within 24 hours.
All fields required unless marked optional
Availability & Price
from $174 to $194 per night*
Min 1 nights stay
How do I make a booking?
From a Quote
- Step 1) Search the website and Add properties to MyList. Submit your preferred properties by using Request a Quote. Property Managers will send you confirmed price and availability.
- Step 2) Then you can Make a Booking or reservation form by clicking 'Make Reservation' from your Quote. Alternatively a Reservation form (PDF or Word Doc) can be downloaded from our Visitor Terms & Conditions page or your Quote.
- Step 3) Once we receive your "RZ" reservation request, a consultant will process all details and send a "BK" Booking Confirmation, payment receipt with arrival and key collection information.
From a Tariff or Hot Deal
- Step 1) Search using your desired location and dates. The Tariff Price will be shown in the results.
- Step 2) Then you can Make a Booking or reservation form by clicking 'Make Reservation' from the search results or property page. Alternatively a Reservation form (PDF or Word Doc) can be downloaded from our Visitor Terms & Conditions page or your Quote.
- Step 3) Once we receive your "RZ" reservation request, a consultant will process all details and send a "BK" Booking Confirmation, payment receipt with arrival and key collection information. Payment can be made with credit card or by direct deposit.
Are pets permitted?
Some properties allow Pets and will display Pets Permitted. Visitors will need to advise the type and size of pet and whether the pet is indoor or an outdoor pet.
Properties that do not show Pets Permitted will not accept pets.
A Pet Bond might be required to clean. deodourise and disinfect the property prior to the next visitor arrival to ensure the property is allergy free.
Availability calendar not up to date?
rentahome does encourage our property managers to update their availability calendars as often as possible.
Unfortunately it isn't always as frequent as we'd like, each calendar has a date of which the calendar was last updated so you who how up to date the listing is.
This is why rentahome has the quote process, it confirms the current availability of your selected property/s and the best rate available for your stay.
Are visitors able to inspect properties?
rentahome welcomes inspections however they may not be always feasible and are generally only available for longer stays of three months or longer.
The property must first be quoted as available with a price for your requested dates.
To request an inspection simply login to your Quote at the below link using your quote number and surname: http://www.rent-a-home.com.au/home/my/quotedetails.aspx
Scroll down to your preferred property and under the photo there will be a button 'Request Inspection', click on 'Request Inspection' and fill in your details. Your details will be sent to the property manager who will make contact within 48hours to arrange an appointment.
If there is no 'Request Inspection' button, this means the property manager does not provide inspections.
Please note that properties are not held and may be booked by other visitors.
Will I have to pay a security deposit?
A Bond/Security Deposit may be required by the Property Manager the amount will vary depending on the property manager. If so, this payment will take place outside of the Rentahome EasyPay System and you may be asked to direct transfer funds into the Property Manager's bank account or a credit card imprint may be requested. Rentahome does not become involved in the payment or return of bonds or security deposits. Return of these amounts is based on the Property Manager's terms and conditions and their inspection of the property after your stay.
The Security Deposit (Bond) is required to cover any damage or incidential costs incurred during your stay at the property. If there is no Damage or Additional Costs then the Security Deposit will be refunded. If the amount of the Damage or Additional Costs are greater than the Security Deposit, then the Guest will be required to pay the difference.
On Arrival, please report any damage or requirement maintenance immediately to the property manager, as you will be liable for any Damage on your departure.
A Bond applies for properties under a Lease agreement. The Bond is typically lodged with a government Bond Authority and returned at the the end of the stay following an Exit Inspection and review of the Condition Report.
Rent-A-Home processes rental payment with guests directly. We accept: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Bank Transfer.
Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards accepted.
The Property Manager will process payment with guests directly.